Go Matilda Visas in London, England - Go Matilda SCAMMED ME

Paid these jokers over £1500 for them to write a simple (templated letter) knowing full well it would fail the skills match.

They kept telling me that they had processed many similar applications and that this one would almost definitely go through. Once they had my money they muttered something about the TRA changing their rules all the time.

AVOID at all costs, once they have your money they will not speak to you, they simply send emails.

SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS !SCAMMERS!

SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS!

SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS!

GoMatilda are SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS!

Poor, false, scam, don't trust GoMatilda.

• Gomatilda Scam

Palo Alto, California, United States #1138037

AVOID Go Matilda and his related companies at all costs, once they have your money they will not speak to you, they simply send emails.

SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS !SCAMMERS!

You're disgusting....Alan Collett! How could you still be in business with so many victims?

You mean until now no one investigates you just because no one complaint about you? What a shame to Australia!

to Anonymous Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #1117589

Hello Anonymous.

Maybe the reason we are still operating in business successfully is because there aren't any "victims" (as you call them) and the so called "complaints" are without any foundation.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #1088376

I have been working with Allan Collett of Go Matilda for few years. Nobody knows him better than I do.

Most of his visas applications for his clients got rejected. Allan Collett is the most irresponsible migration agent that I ever work with in Australia.

Working with him over the years has also tarnished my reputation and my practise. That's sucks!

to Sarah White #1091906

I'm sure that if this comment was really from Sarah White she would know how to spell my name correctly ... don't you?

to Alan Collett #1097536

Then the comment must have been made up by you and Sarah.

to Wendy Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #1101999

No, we have better things to do with our time than to create new threads on this website.

Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany #1023749

You said you wouldn't write a templated letter for submission to TRA but that was exactly what you did!

Stop all you nonsense and scam. I wonder how you sleep at night.

Denying every scam that you have done. Denying that we haven't contacted you. Denying that we are not your clients. Denying that we didn't call you.

Pretend that you would resolve the problems.

Pretend that we have the rights to go to the migration authority but knowing how hard it is to proof and get the money back from you. Scam is your profession...you son of a bi...h!

Same old answers, "I have no idea who you are..." and "You have not contacted me..."

Denying and pretending...even been contacted and know who the client is.

Only one word to describe you...rubbish migration agent....!!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #962174

I have no idea who you are - and so far as I know you haven't contacted me directly either.

We would not write a templated letter for submission to TRA "knowing it will fail the skills match", so you must be confusing us with someone else.

To say we don't speak to our clients is clearly also nonsense.

I suspect you are not (and weren't) a client of ours.

You are welcome to send an email to me if you are (or were) a client, or telephone our office in Southampton. I can assure you someone will pick up the telephone and will speak with you!

Frankfurt Am Main Nord-West, Hesse, Germany #953676

You have been warned. Why did you still go to him?

View more comments

Go Matilda Visas - Go Matilda - I had Bad Experience With them.

I've heard plenty of good things about them, but I had a bad experience with them.

I initially contacted Go Matilda (Australian Visas) Ltd and Alan Collett to get them to submit my visa application and they advised me that I wasn't eligible for a 176 PR and to apply for a temp visa (can't remember the number).

Even trying to prove I was eligible they said I wasn't.

So in the end I applied for the PR visa myself (and got it) and saved a shed load of cash in 2010.

So their incompetence was a good thing for me in the end.

But they covered it with positive reviews to drown my comment.

It is a good thing that someone finally speaks up and let the world know.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #1088379

Most of his visas applications for his clients got rejected. He is the most irresponsible migration agent that I've ever worked with in Australia.

Working with him has also tarnished my reputation as a migration agent. That's suck!

to Sarah White #1091901

to Alan Collett #1095405

You mean you work with Sarah White to make up this comment so you have something to respond to the comment to make yourself look innocent?

to Sarah McAdam #1102001

No, I have better things to do with my time than to create new threads on this website.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #1088378

I see the common reply, here again, in how Alan Collett of Go Matilda answer and reply. Whenever he can't answer a question or avoid a question, he would always say: (1) "Your reply are all time stamped and with the same tone as that of each other" (2) "I can't see your name in our system" (3) "You are most welcome to contact me directly to discuss any concerns you might have".

(4) "No one has contacted me". A way to divert the audience from the original topics and a form of manipulation and distraction.

to Min Shun Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #894042

"I see a common way in how Alan Collett of Go Matilda answer and reply."

"I see that as a way to divert the audience from the original topics."

Do you, Min?

That is because I suspect I am replying to the same person posting under different names, because the style of writing is identical across all the postings, with the same grammatical idiosyncrasies.

I wonder therefore who is the person adopting "a form of manipulation and distraction" ...

to Alan_Collett #894180

Hmmm...there you go again! I now can feel what your clients are going through.

I could imagine if I appoint you as my migration agent and have to go through all these arguments with Alan Collett and Go Matilda if my visas don't work out. I would seriously reconsider before even starting.

Do you always live in suspicious? This is a public forum, what do you expect....duh?

to MIn Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #894184

Hello again Min.

I sense that English is perhaps not your first language? I am not seeking to argue with you. I am though rebutting the various incorrect and malicious assertions on this site, to which you are apparently giving credence.

We have many very happy clients, and I am happy to provide contact details if you wish to talk with one or two of them.

There are also many positive comments about us on the various forums on the internet - over which I have no control, ownership, or moderating influences (as already noted).

to Alan_Collett #896077

Hey...Chinese name...dude...

Hi Alan Collett,

Do you see any reason that the writer should contact you to discuss his/her concerns directly with you? It was clearly stated that you and Go Matilda had advised him that he/she wasn't eligible for 176 PR but instead you advised him/her to apply for a temp visa.

He/she then proceed to apply for the PR Visas himself/herself and save a shed load of cash. You and Go Matilda had provided the him/her wrong advice despite of all your trainings and certifications that you claimed. In fact, your incompetency was a blessing to him/her in the end. Your clients had already gotten his/her PR Visas so many years ago.

What's the point to contact you? What is there to discuss? The question is, how many of your clients actually have their Visas messed up because of your incompetency and left unreported?

Looking at the forums, it's hard to believe that you don't control the forums. Would you be able to tell us which forums are actually controlled by you and which are not?

to Temitope Oluchi Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #893833

Yet another posting at the same time as the several others on the 2 x complaint threads.

If you are going to post under different names at least do so at different times ...

To answer your questions:

> The only forum over which I have any control as to moderation or content is the forum on the Go Matilda website.

All others are independent of me - comments that appear on these other forums are under the control of the owners of those forums and moderators of the same. I am not a moderator or owner of the other forums to which you refer.

> The terms and conditions of our visa appointments confirm that anyone who has a complaint should contact me at first instance. If they are dissatisfied with how the matter has been handled the avenue of complaint is to the regulator of migration agents in Australia.

> In the absence of any detailed information about the person who asserts that incorrect information was given I cannot possibly give a detailed response - and in any event I wouldn't be able to do so on a website such as this, as we are bound by privacy constraints.

For all I know s/he might not have even been a client. > You are taking the comments of one person as being clearly indicative of failings on our part.

That is hardly indicative of a reasonable or fair minded approach. Best regards.

to Alan_Collett #896078

You are not the moderator but you can outsource to internet people to provide positive comments...

to Anonymous Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #896905

Can you? I didn't know that.

Fortunately we don't have to resort to this, because our clients are happy to endorse us.

to Alan_Collett #896600

Read carefully to this fishy clauses:

"The terms and conditions of our visa appointments confirm that anyone who has a complaint should contact me at first instance. If they are dissatisfied with how the matter has been handled the avenue of complaint is to the regulator of migration agents in Australia".

There's where you will be caught like a fish...that's fishy...!!!

Imagine, after Alan Collett had collected your money.

And "if you have a complaint you must first contact him at first instance" - Who do you think has the upper hands in the negotiation???..You know the answer...!

"If they are dissatisfied with how the matter has been handled the avenue of complaint is to the regulator of migration agents in Australia" - Could you imagine what you would you be going through by then...??? How much time will be wasted..?? What stress would you be going through..?? What changes you are going to face..??

Do you thing you will be able to get back your money...?? I suggest you read the regulator of migration agents in Australia very carefully..??

Even if you win the case, they have not power to enforce the migration agents to pay you back your money....!

"CAVEAT EMPTOR - BEWARE AND BE VERY AWARE...!!!"

to Anonymous Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #896903

You are paranoid!

What would you like our terms and conditions to say?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #890757

To the OP. You are most welcome to contact me to discuss your concerns directly.

And I must correct you: we do not control the many forums where people make positive comments about us. I'm sure the owners of the Poms in Adelaide site would be happy to confirm that for you.

to Alan_Collett #893327

Alan Collett,

Are you saying that you do not control many of the forums but control some of the forums??? That explains!!!

Why are so sure "the OWNERS of the Poms in Adelaide site would be happy to confirm that for you"?

How do you know there are more than one ownerS? Are you giving away that you know the ownerS?

to Anonymous Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #893345

Ah - another posting that is within the same hour as the ones on the other complaint thread!

Methinks the same person is posting under different names perhaps?

I invite you to please spend your time establishing the facts underpinning the assertions before you next post here ...

to Alan_Collett #896080

Same for your positive comments in other forums...

Go Matilda and Alan Collett is not the only migration agents...I'm sure there are also a lot more rotten migration agents like Go Matilda and Alan Collett. At the same time, there are also a lot of good and geniune migration agents.

Never just trust the forums and internet. It is better to get recommendation from personal friends who have used the migration agent before.

to Ansa Stina Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #892741

Hello Ansa.

I don't see your name in our database of enquirers and clients.

Can I invite you to please form your own opinion based on your personal experiences, and not be drawn in by some here who might not have the sincerest of motives.

to Alan_Collett #896081

Who knows if the names are in your database...???

One rotten apple spoils the whole basket of apples...! The licence of Go Matilda and migration agent Alan Collett, should be revoked and it's accounting practise be stopped.

Stop preying on innocent people who wants to come into Australia for your own riches...!

My bad experience with Alan Collett of Go Matilda was slightly different.

He gave me the positive aspect of the application when I first met him.

He told me that I was eligible before looking into any of my documents based on the questions he asked me.

But once I engaged him, I hardly hear from him except when he wanted me to complete the forms or when he needed my documents.

All communications were through emails and there was no phone or personal communication after I paid him.

There was also no advice on the chances of my success in applying for my PR.

After few months, I received news from Alan Collett of Go Matilda that my application for my PR was unsuccessful. I was very disappointed and didn't want to pay more money to try again after going through much anxiety and wasted time.

Very irresponsible and bad migration agent. It was a bad memory for me.

to Jun Hong Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #871509

Such business conduct, like Go Matilda and Alan Collett, must be checked. It's accounting record be scrutinised if the incomes were referral commissions. If they were commissions, were the amount printed on the contract and revealed to clients.

to Jun Hong Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #890755

Hello Jun.

We have no-one of your name on our client list.

Please feel able to contact me directly if you are posting under a name that is different - I want to look into the issue you have discussed here.

to Alan_Collett #891665

So you have the other names in your client list? That's bad...!!!

to Alemayehu Onesimus Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #892736

Hello Alemayehu.

I'm not sure whether you are a client or a former enquirer of us, because I don't have your name on our records either.

In the absence of your name on our system - we maintain details of all who enquire of us - I surmise that you have perhaps not communicated with us in the past?

Are your comments based on hearsay, or do you have personal experiences you can share with us?

Maybe you are confusing us with another business?

As I say to all who might have concerns or a grievance, please feel able to telephone or email me directly. A complaint to the regulator or the professional bodies of which I am a member is also available to any who have issues with our competencies. Best regards.

to Alan_Collett #893329

Too late already!

to Jun Hong Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #893346

... and another post purporting to come from a different person, all within the last hour ...

DON'T Engage Go Matilda Visas For Your Visas Application

Go Matilda Visas and its managing director Alan Collett is a UNYTRUSTWORTH migration agent.

Alan Collett is an accountant of GM Tax and a migration agent of Go Maltilda Visas. He also claims to provide other services like financial planning, businesses for sale, shipping, jobs, telecoms and more.

He projects to be jack-of-all-trade but actually a master of none - HE IS JUST GREEDY!!!

Alan Collett and Go Matilda Visas will appear to be an expert before he receives your money. But, once he collected your money, you will hardly hear from him. If you try to contact him, he will always give excuses that he is busy. Why then would he want to collect money from you if he cannot perform what he promised..???

BECAUSE HE IS SIMPLY UNSCRUPULOUS!!! He will do anything for money...!

Most of the positive comments in the forums are controlled by Alan Collett and Go Matilda Visas. He engages internet specialists in writing positive comments in forums for a fee to populate the web and to be on the first page. And, to make himself and his company, Go Matilda Visas, to look like a genuine and professional company - IT IS ALL FAKE!!!

He projects to have a group of professionals working together with him but they are all associate networks working independently. The truth is that Alan Collett works alone in his home. All the other services are outsourced.

He boasts that he has offices in Australia, UK, Singapore, Spain and other different countries. They are only registered VIRTUAL OFFICES.

It is a shame that the Australia department of Migration and Border Protection has such a migration agent.

DO NOT Waste your Money and Time to engage Alan Collett and Go Matilda Visas. YOU WILL REGRET! You won't miss out anything without engaging him for your visas application. In fact, in engaging Alan Collett and Go Matilda Visas, you will end up having more problems.

Alan Collett and Go Matilda Visas will offer free initial discussion and confirm his low fee for his services. Once he is engaged and money paid to him, you will end up paying much more, even double, because he will mess up your application. He does not provide proper professional advice.

Ultimately, you will end up going through the whole visas application all over with another migration agent. Bringing yourself a lot of headaches, heartache and frustrations.

You are better off applying it on your own and going through Australia Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection website at: http://www.immi.gov.au/.

Should you use GM Tax and other of his services? First ask yourself, is this man has trustworthy? My experience with him is NO!

The Decision is Yours!

Beware and Avoid Alan Collett and Go Matilda Visas

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534

NOT TRUSTWORTHY & HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

• GM Skilled
  • Go Matilda forums
  • Go Matilda parents

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #1088377

to Sarah White #1091907

Also, why would Sarah still be working with Go Matilda if she felt this way?

Conclusion: this is not a post from Sarah at all.

to Alan Collett #1095404

You mean you work with Sarah White to make up this comment so you have something to respond to the comment and make yourself look innocent?

to Sarah McAdam #1101993

Maybe pick up the phone and ask her for yourself?

This guy....Allan Collett of Go Matilda? He is a *** migration agent!

He collects money and doesn't do his job properly.

He then constantly challenges his clients to report him to the Migration Registration Authority of Australia (MRA). He take advantages of his clients and use the loophole of the MRA to get away....never use him!

to Anonymous #1091908

What a load of nonsense. If there were genuine complaints about my competencies there would be evidence of this on the MARA website, and I would have been struck off long ago.

Note: the regulator is the MARA, not the MRA.

Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland #955474

You are such a ***...alan collett and gomatilda visa...!

to Judit Virginia Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #962167

Sorry - who are you again?

I don't recognise your name.

to Alan_Collett #1014051

That's so pretentious....!!! Sign of pretend innocent...!

London, England, United Kingdom #952890

The whole company is a scam... took me for over £1500! DO NOT USE!

to ***ned Greater London, England, United Kingdom #953678

You have been warned against going to Alan Collett and GoMatilda...!!! Why did you still go to them??? I'm so sorry for you...

to Delores Tamsin Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #962170

Hello Delores.

Don't you think I would have been struck off by now if any of these allegations were true or had any substance?

We are a properly run firm, that looks after our clients ethically and professionally.

Until someone is prepared to stop hiding behind names that have never appeared on our client list I can only assume that all these comments are unsubstantiated nonsense, written by individuals (or an individual) who is a (are) mischief maker(s).

The terms on which we are appointed - and which all clients sign - detail the procedures for a disgruntled client to follow if they have any issues of concern.

to ***ned Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #962165

Have you complained to the industry regulator?

Have you contacted me directly?

Hi Alan Collett,

What was your objective to invite people to visit your office if it has no relevance to your ability to deliver services to your clients? What would you or do you hope people see when they visit your office?

to Greer Lindsey Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #895146

Hello Greer.

There is an unwarranted - and false - assertion in this discussion that we are not a real business, and that we are somehow shonky operators.

My "objective" is to give comfort to anyone who has participated in this thread that this is clearly not the case.

Putting aside issues of how we operate internally (these are issues that some of our competitors would be happy to exploit, I feel sure), I am happy to discuss concerns openly - whether that is in person, or on the phone, so long as I am comfortable that the person with whom I am talking is genuine.

Frankly, I'm not (yet) persuaded that all persons on this thread are the real deal.

Email your telephone number to me and we can discuss further. Best regards.

to Alan_Collett #895638

to Anonymous #895639

It was me, Greer, that type in the earlier question: "How is it that by visiting your office it would meet your objective to give comfort to anyone?" I press the button before completing my name.

to Greer Lindsey Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany #953674

4 months passed and Alan Collett of Go Matilda Visas still couldn't answer the question from Greer Lindsey since 04 Nov 2014. That says that the company and Alan Collett has bad objective and motive.

I would not go to him. It's clearly a mistake to go to the company for any Australia Visa application.

to Uwe Alois Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #962171

Aha - a sudden flurry of comments, all on the same day! All rather similar to what went on a few months ago.

Might this in fact be the same person posting?

I suspect it might be.

For the avoidance of doubt, "Uwe", the absence of any direct communication says more to me than any reply on this forum to "Greer".

I'm not going to spend my valuable time responding to a person who can't be bothered to contact me directly.

Hi Alan Collett,

Would you explain why would you not let people know your office arrangement publicly where you publish your various offices in different countries in your website?

to Greer Lindsey Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #894946

Because it would be unwise commercially to do so, Greer.

And it has no relevance to our ability to deliver services to our clients.

to Alan_Collett #895641

Hi Alan Collett,

What do you mean by "unwise commercially"? Could you please elaborate?

Hi Alan Collett,

You have been inviting people to visit your Melbourne office. Would you be able to tell if your office in Melbourne is an office owned by Go Matilda, lease office solely by Go Matilda, share office with other companies or a virtual office?

to Greer Lindsey Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #894448

Hello Greer.

Yes, I am able to tell you, but no, I'm not about to discuss our office arrangements on a public forum.

Where are you based please?

Send me an email with your phone number and i am happy to call you to discuss.

to Alan_Collett #896057

Sounds fishy...!!!

to Anonymous #896419

No it doesn't.

The only thing that is "fishy" is that not one person who apparently has a complaint can be bothered to make a phone call or send an email to me.

to Anonymous #896596

Utimately, when there is no agreement in the negotiation, you will still use the same sentence:

" you might be better spent making contact with regulators or professional bodies who are in place to protect consumers from those of questionable standards and businesses practices..."

because you still have the upper hand after collecting the money.

to Anonymous #896598

Who knows if there is any one person who has a complaint has ever make a phone call or send an email to you? Only you know!

You are denying it...!!

I see a common way in how Alan Collett of Go Matilda answer and reply. Whenever he can't answer a question or avoid a question, he would always say: (1) "Your reply are all time stamped and with the same tone as that of each other" (2) "I can't see your name in our system" (3) "You are most welcome to contact me directly to discuss any concerns you might have".

(4) "No one has contacted me".

I see that as a way to divert the audience from the original topics. A form of manipulation and distraction.

to Min Shun Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #894041

"I see a common way in how Alan Collett of Go Matilda answer and reply."

"I see that as a way to divert the audience from the original topics."

Do you, Min?

That is because I suspect I am replying to the same person posting under different names, because the style of writing is identical across all the postings, with the same grammatical idiosyncrasies as appear in the original post.

to Alan_Collett #894113

Hmmm...there he go again...???!!! I can feel what his clients have gone through.

I wouldn't want to appoint a migration agent and end up having to argue with Alan Collett of Go Matilda like what he is doing to his clients now...! That would be a very bad experience for me if I am his client.

Do you live in such a suspicious life where everything is suspicious for you? This is a public forum..duh?

to Min Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #894118

Min

to Alan_Collett #896058

Were your positive reviews style of writing in the other forums not quite identical across all the postings..??? Were those reviews not to divert how you service your clients....??? We suspect same moderators posting under different names..too!!!

to Alan_Collett Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #1088933

So is www.gomatildaforums.com - Same person posting under different names and uses freelances to provide good comments. No doubt all the good comments are controlled by Go Matilda.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #893839

> Awaiting your replies to my questions, Charles ...

> You have made various incorrect assertions; you should remember the old adage: he who asserts must prove.

to Alan_Collett #896060

We suspect you are not really English...all the answers are so clear in the threads and yet you are waiting for more replies..Well, keep waiting until your cow comes home...

Reply to Alan Collett of Go Matilda,

My points and logic of arguments are all in the threads. May the public and your potential clients decide for themselves if my comments and arguments are incoherent, random in nature and have no substance or it is your arguments and replies that are incoherent, random in nature and have no substance. I rest my case....

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #893798

Reply to "Charles Howard":

You are not being coherent with your comments, which continue to be random in nature, and have no substance.

> When did I deny using virtual offices? Please be specific, as I am having some difficulty following your various observations.

> You are being critical of virtual offices - why?

We are perfectly able to look after our clients using this arrangement. As do many other businesses of size and reputation.

In any event "Charles", what is your interest in this complaint?

Are you the same person who posted the original nonsense about us? Best regards.

to Alan_Collett #896062

Are you sure you are able to look after your clients using this arrangement? Always busy..always take few days to reply to emails...sometimes even no reply from your other principals..?

Alan Collett,

I agreed with Charles Howard replied that: "you finally admitted that you are using virtual offices which you denied at first. Now you justify yourself that there is nothing wrong with using virtual office in the 21st century.

Why then gave excuses and defended yourself in the first place? Why didn't you come clean and admit that they are virtual offices. There are a lot more doubts about your integrity now".

You projected that you and your company, Go Matilda and GM Tax, are such an established and huge company. The truth finally revealed - you use virtual offices and are not what you earlier claimed "you occupy some of those offices and employed staff" - which is NOT TRUE!"

to Lyndon Courtney Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #893800

Hello again "Lyndon".

Your reply at the same time and with the same tone as that of "Charles Howard" indicates that you are one and the same person - so I also refer you to my comment in reply to him.

However, to save you time in locating that response:

> When did I deny using virtual offices?

> You are being critical of virtual offices - why?

> You are welcome to come and visit me at our Melbourne office or our team in other offices. These "complaints" are nonsense.

They are nothing more than an unwarranted attack on a genuine and perfectly lawful - and proper - way to operate our businesses. Best regards.

to Alan_Collett #896063

Your positive reviews in all the other forums are quite the same tone too..!

It is not unlawful. But you are unprofessional...unprofessional in your advise...unprofessional in your after sales services....and untrueful...!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #893349

Replying to Lyndon Courtney:

We are clearly not a "one man show", and while you may be disappointed and frustrated with this reply I am not about to discuss on a public website my business structure or modus operandi with someone who I have never met or spoken with.

Businesses large and small use virtual offices. They are an excellent means of developing a business in a market without committing to the financial obligations that come with a leased premises.

There are also no issues in our ability to look after our clients globally. In case you haven't noticed we have VOIP applications such as Skype for face to face conversations, as well as email, etc.

Methinks you need to enter the 21st century where business to client relationships operate in a different manner to the one you are suggesting should be used!

to Alan_Collett #896064

But you were denying that you are using virtual offices!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #893339

Hello Odetta.

Your comments, as well as the ones from "Brook Asher", "Lyndon Courtney", "Kathlyn", "Kelly Jewel", and "Charles Howard" are all time stamped within an hour of each other.

If I might speak plainly, this indicates that you are in fact the same person.

I am happy to continue rebutting these incorrect and false assertions about me and my businesses for so long as you continue posting here.

However, I suggest that your time - and that of the other persons who purport to have complaints against me - might be better spent making contact with regulators or professional bodies who are in place to protect consumers from those of questionable standards and businesses practices, rather than spending time posting manifestly incorrect and false comments on here.

to Alan_Collett #893468

Alan Collett,

Please continue with your wild guess. Have you not heard of news feeds?

You finally admitted that you want your aggrieved clients to make contact with regulators or professional bodies rather than spending time posting comments. That is exactly what you want your aggrieved clients to do. That is exactly what Odetta's arguments are all about - You have the upper hands to collect upfront fees periodically from your aggrieved clients. When things don't work out for your aggrieved clients, they have to rigourously go through the whole process to proof you wrong and claim back the money from you.

From you past experience, you know very well that your aggrieved clients would not want to go through such process because it is stressful, troublesome, time consuming, embarassing and inconvenient. Just like those victims who suffers in the hand of their rapists, pedophiles, abusers, criminals and aggressors yet remain silent. First you finally admitted to not occupying those offices and employed those staff as claimed. Now you finally admitted to your malpractice scheme.

I'm not in your system is because I have not contacted you. I was looking for a migration agent and came across your company, go matilda. I was about to contact you because there were a lot of good comments about you and your company, go matilda, in different forums. But I chance upon this site and decided to conduct my own query by asking you some simple questions about your definition of occupy offices and employed staff.

But I did not get a straight answer from you. Instead you diverted my questions and became sneaky and misleading. Finally you admitted to exactly what all those comments were saying about you. Knowing very well that it would be a long process for your aggrieved clients to claim from you although they have an avenue to do so.

Thank you but no thanks.

I have no intention to be your next aggrieved client. I urge others to be very aware and wary of any such migration agents.

to Lyndon Courtney Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #893791

Hello again Lyndon.

Sorry - given that:

> We have no-one on our records by your name - or anyone else on this thread

> The various posts in response to mine are bunched together

> The tone of language adopted in all the responses contain are similar (compare your last posting with that of "Odetta")

> Not one person has bothered to contact me directly, in spite of my open invitations > No-one has given any specific details about their migration circumstances (eg visa type) I am obliged to draw the conclusion that this entire thread is a fabrication intended to do nothing other than attempt to undermine our good name and reputation based on false and misleading accusations. I wish you well with whatever migration journey you might find yourself upon. Best regards.

to Alan_Collett #896068

No one knows if those names are in your records. Only you know. There is no way to proof anyway.

to Alan_Collett #896065

Making contact with regulators or professional bodies is what you hope you clients would do instead of releasing through comments in this forums.

You have already collected your clients money.

For your clients to claim back the money from you, your clients would have to go through all the hassle to make contact with regulators or professional bodies to claim against you.

It will probably take a long time going through the process to be able to claim anything. Your terms and conditions also cover you so well that going through the process would be so miserable for you clients..that's SUCKS!

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia #893263

Alan Collett - Go Matilda,

My comments made perfect sense.

It is true that you are at risk from a complaint by a aggrieved client if you failed to maintain professional standards and to act ethically.

On the same token, without receiving any complaint by aggrieved client does not necessarily mean that you have maintained professional standards and acted ethically.

Similarly, there are many rapists, abusers, criminals and pedophiles on the loose every day. They are not being reported does not mean that these rapists, abusers, criminals and pedophiles walking on the street are decent and innocent.

The victims may have not reported them because of fear, public scrutiny, embarassment, depression, condemnation, trouble of going through the process and for many other reasons. The rapists, abusers, criminals and pedophiles have just not been discovered....that's all. No complaints through professional bodies about you and your company, again, does not mean that you have maintained professional standards and acted ethically. It is the same argument given earlier.

Professional bodies which you are a member is only one of the avenues available for aggrieved clients to go to. But your aggrieved clients may not like to go through the trouble and the whole process. You could probably know that most aggrieved clients would not like to go through the whole process. Look at it at the same argument - Those victims who suffered so much under the hand of their aggressors, although they are given the avenues to report them and to help them, yet they just don't report them for whatever reason.

So you may have an upper hand to advise your clients and collect their money periodically but then you do not provide your clients with proper advise. Your clients won't know anyway, if you have advised them properly until it did not turn out as it should be or as advised. By then, if your clients want to seek redress, they have to go through your so called professional bodies which you are a member. But it may be too time consuming, troublesome, too far away in another country or for whatever reason, just did not want to file a complaint against you and go matilda.

And you are so proud to claim that "...there are no complaints with the professional bodies of which you I am a member.." - It just does not reflect the actual situation! I repeat, professional bodies is just one of the channels available for your aggrieved clients. To say that there is not no complaints about you is untrue and misleading. This forum is another form of channels available to aggrieved clients.

And, the fact is, there are complaints about you and your company , go matilda and your related companies. Maybe more complaints in other forums that are not controlled by you too! Don't live in denial.

Face the facts. The complaints are coming in but just not the channel you hope that they will go through!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #892157

Odetta

I'm sorry, but your comments are nonsense.

It is clearly very relevant that I am a professionally qualified person and am duly regulated, because if I fail to maintain professional standards and to act ethically I am at risk from a complaint by an aggrieved client.

I repeat, we have many happy clients, and there are no complaints with the professional bodies of which I am a member.

You are seeking to make mischief on a public forum, and I encourage you to please desist from doing so.

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia #891678

Alan Collett and Go Matilda. It is irrelevant if you are a qualified Chartered Accountant (registered in UK and in Australia) and a registered migration agent in Australia that have undergone a lot of study and maintain your competencies by attending Continuing Professional Education each year.

Without saying, it is also required, of lawyers, bankers, doctors, chiropractor, psychologists and many other professionals.

It doesn't mean a professional with more educations and trainings have a better heart or conscience than a less educated person. Many times, more educated people and professionals can be more heartless than less educated people.

Thus, education and professional do not determine what a person is. Despite all the trainings and educations that a professional received, the professional can still malpractice every day.

Utimately, it is the characters and ethics of the person that speak. No one knows the heart of an individual regardless if the person is a professional or not.

To bring in your trainings, hard works and continuing educations do not address the complaints. You are only trying to justify your professionalism by your qualifications.

But your qualifications do not justify your actions.

You are only boastful of what you have achieved and not what you have done to others. Gong forward, seeking counselling with a psychologist may help you to discover yourself better.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #890759

To the OP, and to others who have responded below: I am not sure what has caused such an outpouring of negative comments here.

To say I am a jack of all trades is offensive. I am a qualified Chartered Accountant (registered in the UK and in Australia) and am a registered migration agent in Australia.

I did not acquire these qualifications without undergoing a lot of study and doing the required examinations.

I am also required to maintain my competencies by attending Continuing Professional Education each year.

To answer the criticisms:

> Yes, we use serviced offices, and some of them are virtual offices. We also occupy some of those offices with employed staff. So far as I am aware anyone who calls one of our offices either has the call put through to one of the Go Matilda Visas team (if a visa matter) or a GM Tax person (if the call relats to a tax issue). When someone is not available their details are taken professionally, and are passed to the relevant person so the call can be returned.

> We employ staff, and we have consultants.

> I work from home and from our office in Melbourne. I also attend other offices for meetings. > I don't control any forums, save for the one on our Go Matilda website. If people make positive or negative comments about us on those forums that is their prerogative - and if someone makes a negative comment I like to think that in a spirit of openness and fairness I can respond.

> If we took money and didn't deliver a professional service we would be hauled up before the regulators which govern our services and/or the professional bodies of which I and my business partners are members. This doesn't happen, so please draw your own conclusions about the accuracy of some of the comments here. Finally, to anyone who claims to have had a bad experience: please make yourself known to me directly through one of our websites, and I will look into the matter.

We have built an excellent reputation over the last 13+ years, and the comments here are at odds with what our clients say about us. Best regards.

to Alan_Collett #891169

You don't know what has caused such an outpouring of negative comments....??? You must be trying to act innocent....???

Have you not read all these people dreams being mess up by you all these years...!!! I would be too if I were them...!

Did you not state that "Our services and contacts go beyond what other firms of advisors provide –

and include visas, tax and financial planning, businesses for sale, shipping, jobs, telecoms, and more..??? Isn't that jack-of-all trades...???

to Brook Asher Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #892161

What nonsense, Brook!

As a firm we provide guidance across a number of areas that support individuals moving to Australia.

I refer you to the above comment posted in reply to Odetta.

to Alan_Collett Adelaide, South Australia, Australia #893270

You provide guidance? Our services include, "blah..blah...blah..." Doesn't sound like just a guidance.

You are boasting and promoting your services!

Do you get referral commissions for all those "guidance across a number of areas"? It still does seem like jack-of-all-trades as what the writer says!

to Alan_Collett Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia #891683

Can you please define your term "occupy some of those offices" and "employed staff"?

to Lyndon Courtney Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #892163

You are being cryptic, Lyndon.

What - specifically - do you want to know?

You are welcome to call me at our Melbourne office if you want to discuss.

to Alan_Collett Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia #892381

Allan Collett, you can't even give a straight answer to such a simple question. You ar being deceiving and trying to divert the question.

Let me ask again specifically. Tell us which of your office is not virtual office and which office do you have employed staff?

Are your employed staff permanent salaried, temp or casual?

to Alan_Collett Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #892701

Hello again Lyndon. I'm not being given the option to reply to your post below - so I'm posting above it.

Please understand that we are a business, and I must respect the people who work for us.

As such I'm not at liberty to say who is employed and who we engage as self employed contractors - what would publishing each person's employment status say about us? You'll be wanting their salary details next!

I'm also not about to post on a public forum details of how we operate. For all I know you could be a competing business trying to extract information about us.

In any event, what is the issue with using virtual offices? Modern day businesses do this all the time.

Amongst other things it is a flexible way of working, allows people to work from home, and is employment friendly.

And I don't see what relevance this has to our ability to deliver our services to valued clients.

I acknowledge your right to have an opinion about using virtual offices, but I respectfully disagree about the inferences in your postings. The people in our team are detailed on our websites, and as I have said you are most welcome to telephone me at our Melbourne office, where I am today.

Finally, can I say that I do not see your name on our records, and we maintain details of all who contact us, whether by phone, email, or via our websites. What personal experience do you have of our business/es please? If you can let me know when you contacted us and your personal experiences I can look into the matter. Privacy constraints will prevent me discussing your personal issues on a public forum, but we can do so off forum.

Please make yourself known to me by email or on the phone.

I can then also have comfort that you are not someone who is trying to make mischief. Many thanks.

to Alan_Collett Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia #893283

Alan Collett of Gmvisas,

I did not ask you to publish each person's employment status and how you operate. I asked which of your office is not virtual office and which office do you have employed staff?

Are your employed staff permanent salaried, temp or casual?

There are no issued with using virtual office. But you projected that you are such a big company with offices operating in different countries. The writer revealed that you are only a one-man show with registered virtual offices in different countries.

In your reply, you said that you "occupy some of those offices and employed staff". Now you give all kinds of excuses for not answering the questions and try to justify yourself. You are being deceiving and diverting the original questions again.

It's inmaterial if my name is in your record. Your business practice is unacceptable!

So bad...!!! What kind of company and people is that...????

I pity those who have come in contact with Go Matilda and Alan Collett... It could only be a tip of the iceberg!

Many applicants could have sufferred silently... Make people feel so ***, stressful and resentful...!

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia #869431

The Australia authority requires that migration agents inform their clients if they are receiving commissions and how much he is receiving if there is a referral service. The commissions must be printed in the agreement and be made known to the client.

There is definitely a conflict of interests in such cases!!!

Affected clients should seek redress with the relevant Australia authority.

Such migration company and agent like Go Matilda and Alan Collett must be checked by the authority.

Go Matilda and GM Tax's books, accounts and practises must thoroughly be investigated...!

What a shame it brings to Australia, the Department of Migration and Australians.....! Such practise...such disgrace...!

to Kathlyn Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #890765

Hello Kathlyn.

I'm not sure whether you know, but each registered migration agent is required to submit to a renewal of his or her registered status each year.

The regulator asks us to submit details of our business as part of that re-registration process.

The terms and conditions of our appointment - which we are required to send to each client - also deal with the issue of any referral commissions which might become payable to us.

As a professionally qualified person I can also assure you that I am aware of the need to give independent advice that is not tainted by a conflict of interest.

Hope this gives you comfort. Best regards.

to Alan_Collett Sydney, New South Wales, Australia #893284

Hi Alan,

You may be aware of the need to give independent advice that is not tainted by a conflict of interest. But seems like you are not practising it.

to Kathlyn Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #893342

Hello Kathlyn.

You have commented that concerned clients should contact the relevant bodies.

I agree!

Maybe you can advise Odetta above too ...

to Kathlyn #896070

The reply below by Alan Collett of Go Matilda is how you will receive after you become one of his clients...

I was about engage Alan Collett of GM Tax for my company's accounts. Now I have second thoughts. Thank you for the information.....

to Kelly Jewel Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #890764

Hello Kelly.

I can't see your name on our system, so can you contact me directly to discuss?

My email address is on the GM Tax website.

to Alan_Collett #893300

GM Tax, Alan Collett,

I have been following the comments thread. I see a regular pattern that you always say the same thing that you can't see the person name on your system and ask them to contact you.

Your website also say the the same thing to request people to contact you. The original writer claimed that his problem started when he contacted you. If I call you, I may be sweet-talked by you. I don't know how to say no to people.

I better not call you.

Once I call you, I could be the next victim. I don't want to go through all the problem like these people.

to Kelly Jewel Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #893344

That's fine, Kelly - you don't have to speak with me.

There is more than one principal involved in our business.

And if you instruct another advisor that's fine too.

Best regards.

I have waited for few days for an answer by either Nonsense Comment, Go Matilda or Alan Collett to reply or comment to my question if it was not FACTUALLY CORRECT that Go Matilda and GM Tax offices addresses registered in UK, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Spain, etc. are VIRTUAL OFFICES.

Go Matilda, Alan Collett and Nonsense Comment are given all the opportunities to reply to the question and make their stand and/or to clarify and justify their position to the original complaint by made by bogusagent. Unfortunately, until now there is no reply or comment from any one of them to the question.

Therefore it is FACTUALLY CORRECT and ACCURATE to say that those registered offices are ONLY VIRTUAL OFFICES.

to Charles Howard Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #890756

Hello Charles.

You are most welcome to contact me to discuss your concerns directly.

to Alan_Collett #893312

Alan Collett & Go Matilda,

I have no concerns to discuss with you directly. It is very clear in my questions to you on Sept 09 and through your comment threads with Lyndon Courtney that the article written by the original writer was FACTUALLY CORRECT.

I also agreed with Kelly Jewel that you have a repeated pattern. To say that the facts provided by the original writer's were factually incorrect was manipulating and deceiving at best.

to Charles Howard Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #893340

Hello Charles.

I refer you to my comments in reply to Odetta above.

If you have no concerns to discuss with me I am not sure why you are posting here ...

to Charles Howard #893362

Hi Alan Collett,

Why am I posting here? To expose your cover up.

You used the word "factually incorrect". But you finally admitted that you are using virtual offices which you denied at first. Now you justify yourself that there is nothing wrong with using virtual office in the modern world. Why then gave excuses and defended yourself in the first place?

Why didn't you come clean and admit that they are virtual offices. What other points raised by the writer that are actually FACTUALLY CORRECT that you are still insisting that they are factually incorrect? There are a lot more doubts about your integrity now. I have no concerns to discuss with you directly is different from I have no concerns of your cover up.

I was not a victim and see no point to contact you to discuss with you over the phone. But I have concerns of such cover up by you and your company to lure public into believing that you or your Go Matilda are such established and huge company. Besides what is there to discuss about over the phone that it cannot be discussed over here.

It finally still gets to the bottom of the truth. You use virtual offices and are not what you earlier claimed "you occupy some of those offices and employed staff" - which is NOT TRUE!

to Alan_Collett #896072

The positive comments all have similars tones....

Even trying to prove I was eligible they said I wasn't.

So their incompetence was a good thing for me in the end.

I shared my bad experience about and Alan Collett in Poms in Adelaide - Australia Migration Forum in 2010. But they covered it with positive reviews to drown my comment.

Now I know and believe the positive reviews about Go Matilda are mostly cooked up... It is a good thing that someone finally speaks up and let the world know.

Could tell me which part of the original review article is factually incorrect?

After reading the review article on Go Matilda and Alan Collett, I google Go Matilda and Alan Collett.

In Go Matilda's website, it does state that:

"Our services and contacts go beyond what other firms of advisors provide –

and include visas, tax and financial planning, businesses for sale, shipping,

jobs, telecoms, and more.." In manta.com, it further states that Go Matilda (Australia) Pty Limited usually offer: "Professional Paralegal Services, Paralegal Agencies, Contract Paralegal Services, Fire Legal Liability Insurance, Legal Expenses Insurance." Given what is printed on Go Matilda's own website and manta.com, paragraph 2 of the review article is FACTUALLY CORRECT.

It does show that Go Matilda or Alan Collett do claim to provide all kind of services - It is FACTUALLY CORRECT that his clients might experience poor services as a result of his "jack-of-all-trades" Further searches reveal that there are forums like GoMatildaforums.com, migrationagentreviews.com, britishexpats.com, etc. They are all populated with not much general discussions but only Go Matilda's positive reviews. They are too unnatural. It is FACTUALLY CORRECT to say that those forums are controlled and fake.

Go Matilda has offices addresses registered in UK, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Spain, etc. Could you say confidently that they are not FACTUALLY CORRECT that those registered office addresses are mostly VIRTUAL offices?

to Charles Howard #869128

It is so obvious when you google Go Matilda, GM Tax and Alan Collett. The websites are all so exaggerated.

Anyone can spot it at a glance. Your gut feeling will tell you such company isn't right.

It smells..fishy...!!!

Why would anyone so easily fall into your such migration agent and company...??? It's too good to be true...!!!

to Kaveh Erik #869428

If you feel it's too good to be true...it's probably is...!!!

to Kaveh Erik Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #890761

What do you mean, Kaveh - that the websites are "exaggerated?"

You are most welcome to contact me directly to discuss any concerns you might have.

to Alan_Collett #896073

It means what it says...

The above content is factually incorrect, and I suspect has been submitted by an aggrieved competitor.

He is a qualified Accountant in the UK and Australia, and is a Registered Migration Agent with the Australian regulator.

There are significant numbers of positive reviews of the two businesses and of the person named elsewhere on the internet.

Ignore the above comments, as they are plainly wrong.

to Nonsense Comment #866022

That's the problem!

If you don't engage him for his accounting services or other services and engage Go Matilda and Alan Collett for your migration application, you can be quite sure your application will be screwed up and you will end up paying more.

Those positives reviews...???

How fake...!!!.

Go Matilda Forum...??? Who's controlling it...???

You guess it right...!!!! Beware...!!!

to Roy Evan Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #890762

Hello Roy.

With respect, that is nonsense. There is no obligation on anyone to use our visa and tax services.

I have addressed the question of internet discussion forum comments above.

Please feel able to contact me directly to discuss your concerns.

to Alan_Collett #896076

Right...no obligation...but then your visas application or accounting will be messed up...

to Roy Evan #895632

Of course you say that is a nonsense! What other words can you use?

And of course there is no obligation on anyone to use your visas and tax services. You can't do anything anyway if people choose not to use you.

But you would want your client to contact you directly so you could give them your best talk and best service to want to engage your services. Once engaged, Alan Collett is always busy, Alan Collett has no time, Alan Collett has other customers, Alan Collett has other deadline...please email so and so and it will take few days to reply or totally no reply at all..... Contacting Alan Collett will be the beginning of your problem..

BEWARE!!! Think again..before you even pick up the phone and talk to him...!!!

to Nonsense Comment #896055

The positive reviews are too unnatural...there are also significant numbers of negative reviews. This public forum is more unbias that those that forums that you mentioned.